Sunday, November 09, 2003

 
Yes, I know it has been a while.

Actually I have a good reason for that. I now have a full time job. I'm working in a book store. I still can't believe that I'm working with books. It's sad I know but it is something I have always wanted to work with. It involves a lot of physical work since I spend most of the day shelving books which really tiered me out the first week or so. I'm now used to it and so I don't find myself falling asleep as soon as I get home. It has meant that I am very behind in a lot of things.

I have got back into my stitching again. I'm doing well with Mickey and should have him finished over the next few weeks. The photo chart I have put aside for now. I really can't face it and it is really beginning to annoy me. Hopefully I will go back to it in the new year. I did receive all the items I need to do Celtic Christmas. I made a start on it today and I'm restricting myself to just stitching it on Tuesdays and Thursdays as those are the two stitch along days. Once Mickey is finished I will lift the restriction. I know today is Sunday but I sorted out the threads for it yesterday and wanted to make a little start on it. It is my first time using linen and I have to say it is a lot easier than I thought it would be.

I haven't been able to take part in the book discussions at all over the last few weeks. My time spent on the net has been reduced drastically because of work. I can't get to use it as much after because those are the times my dad usually uses it. That doesn't mean I haven't been reading. I have read The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocolypse by Robert Rankin which was extremely funny. I couldn't put it down. I also finished last week Bleak House by Charles Dickens which was amazing. I loved almost every minute of it. I was a little disappointed by the person who was supposed to explode. I had heard about it on the Big Read and I thought The reader would get to see it but in fact we just get to read a description of the remains. I am now reading City by Clifford D. Simak which is part of the sci fi discussion. It is a book of short stories which all follow on from each other. It is good if not a little strange. I like the idea of talking dogs though.

I did watch the Big Read although I haven't been able to watch each personality pushing for their book. Last night I caught the end of hitchhikers guide and Gone With the Wind. I was annoyed with myself that I missed the part on To Kill a Mocking Bird. Actually think I would like to read Gone With the Wind after listening to it being discussed yesterday. Next week one of the books discussed is withering Heights which I loved so hopefully I will remember to watch that. All in all though I am very disappointed with the top 21. Actually I don't really think much of the top 100. I can't believe what some people chose as their favourite books. Mind you everyone has different tastes. I have 1984 there to read which I am looking foward to. I hope that does well. I don't think Harry Potter, Wind and the Willows, Winnie the Pooh or Lord of The Rings should win. Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed LOTR I just think that there are more deserving books out there. I've probably alienated thousands of people with that (including my boyfriend,LOL) but never mind.

Writing, I haven't had any time for at all. I may be restricted to just weekends for that. It is now the only time I get any peace.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?