Monday, March 22, 2004

 
I have finished reading the Crystal Singer series by Anne McCaffrey. I plan to read all her books but I didn't think any of them would come close to her Pern series. While this series wasn't better it was certainly just as good. The first two books I loved. I again put off reading War and Peace to read them although I was planning to just read them in work. The third book I was at odds over. I thought that the main character, Killashandra, wasn't the same as she was in the others. Which I think was the whole point but at first I didn't like it. Also a lot of the characters in others were killed off or not mentioned again. I found this disappointing, especially since they were characters I really liked. Despite this I couldn't tear myself away from this book. When Killashandra's behaviour became really odd I actually found myself getting emotionally caught up in it. I couldn't wait to get home from work on Saturday so that I could get home and finish it. Then in the end I was disappointed that it didn't continue. I wish that she would write a follow up to this series. I can imagine what happened next and I imagine that a lot more characters would disappear but I still wanted to read more. There are certain parts of it that I just can't get out of my head. It just keeps running over and over again. When this happens you know you have read a good book.

I have picked up War and Peace. I was a little worried about it as I thought I may have difficulty picking up the thread. It was as though it was only yesterday that I had last read from at. To me this is also another sign of a good book. I have been thinking about going back to uni to study English. Not sure this would get me a job any better than my last degree but it is something to consider.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?