Tuesday, March 30, 2004

 
I was so bad, I have bought a total of seven books in since Thursday. On Friday I bought "Girlfriend in a Coma" by Douglas Coupland which I have now finished. I also bought two fantasy books by Eric Van Lustbader but those are for the discussion group I belong to. I then saw Douglas Coupland books on a 3 for 2 sale so I bought two more and another by Haruki Murakami. He is supposed to be very good and I have been wanting to give him a try for a while now. So I have broken my book ban in a huge way but hey, I've stuck to my new years resolution and I am trying out new authors.

Girlfriend in a Coma was very good. It really wasn't what I expected. Although the fact that I didn't read the back properly had more to do with that. I didn't realise it was about the end of the world. Actually, I think that it was trying to put the point across that most of us are no longer questioning the world around us. We are too preoccupied by work and getting more. We no longer open our eyes and look around us. I'm guilty of that in a big way. I am so preoccupied by my own thoughts or by my own life that I forget that there is world out there too.

Speaking of being too preoccupied with my own thoughts I am feeling a little guilty. A while ago I was reading the work of one of the most gifted people on fanfiction. I have probably mentioned her before. She emailed me letting me know that she has a new story up but I haven't even been able to finish the last one I was reading. I was just so busy with my reading, stitching, my own writing (which is sill going well) and my own life in general. I keep promising that I will get round to reading it but that has been about a month now. I will get round to it, I will.

I also have some news. I have finally decided on what course I want to do. I have decided to go into modern languages and I am applying to an open university course of French and Spanish next year. This could eventually lead to a Modern languages degree.

The boyfriend and I bought season 3 of West Wing on DVD and have began working our way through them. They had an episode at the start for 9/11. It wasn't shown in the UK but I did find it interesting. I will say that I didn't agree with all that was said but it was interesting.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?