Friday, April 02, 2004

 
I finished reading Microserfs by Douglas Coupland which was amazing. A little different from the other two I read. At first the characters seem a little dull but it is amazing how quickly they grow on you. You soon start to care for them. It's very funny but in a subtle way. I found myself laughing out loud a number of times. And in the end it was also very touching and it actually brought a tear to my eye. I would definitely recommend this. I am now going to start The Curious Incident of The Dog in The Night-Time by Mark Haddon. It came out on paperback yesterday and I have been looking forward to it. Actually quite a few of us in work have. It has been highly recommended by a number of people in work who read it while it was out in hardback.

I have been watching Blakes 7 on DVD which I bought last week. I've almost finished it and I am so annoyed. Not by the DVD's, those were just as good as I hoped but by the videos. My parents bought a few Blakes 7 videos when I was little. I used to watch them over and over again. However, since watching the DVD's I now know that those videos were actually just pieces of episodes mushed together to make it seem like extra long episodes. I honestly believed that those episodes on the video were actually the original. In a way its been good because I have been enjoying season 1 all the more but it is still frustrating. I'm going to have to look out the old videos to see if it mentions this on them.

My writing as I said last time is still going well. I am still continuing with the note taking. The more notes I take the more the ideas come. Eventually I hope I will have a sound structure to begin writing the book for real.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?