Tuesday, May 04, 2004

 
I finished reading "Vernon God Little" by DBC Pierre and it was actually better than I thought it would be. I wouldn't class it as one of my favourite books and I do think that one of the reasons I enjoyed it so much was that I had such low expectations of it. I found that it was a little difficult to get into. A friend who is also reading it felt the same. She said that it was difficult to get into his frame of mind which I agree with. Once you got used to it though it did start to pick up. Most people I know didn't like the ending but I did. I suppose it was a bit of a cop out but I wouldn't have been happy if it had ended the sad way although it may have had more of an impact. I have now just started "Hard-boiled Wonderland and the End of the World" by Haruki Murakami. I've heard good things about this author and I'm looking forward to getting past the first few pages. I decided to try this one first because the back of the book said that it had a science fiction theme. I also have the "Wind Up Bird Chronicle" by the same author. I bought that one because it was recommended at the back of "Miss Wyoming"

I got my art book through, "Learn to Draw Fantasy Art". My sister would say 'I told you so' because so far I'm not impressed with it. I've only had a brief glimpse through it and it wasn't really what I was expecting. I will look through it properly later though.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?