Monday, June 28, 2004

 
I finished reading "A Prayer For Owen Meany" by John Irving and it was amazing. I came away feeling this is definitely a favourite (it is rare for me to feel that way). I would highly recommend this book to anyone. It is a little slow to start with because you aren't sure where the story is going to go. But if you ignore that and concentrate on the characters and the writing you will enjoy it from the start. There is a lot of religious content but you shouldn't let that put you off. It isn't preachy and there is also a lot of skepticism. I think if I had read this at school I would have did my RPR on it. It is definitely worth looking at further. I will be reading this again at some point.

I am now reading a series of four books called The Song of the Lioness Quartet by Tamora Pierce. This author was recommended to me a year or so ago and this is me just trying it. I have to say that I am glad that I finally did. This is a book I wish I had read when I was a kid. It is very easy to read but very entertaining. I'm finding it very hard to put down. I would say that it is a step between Harry Potter and David Eddings. I also like the idea of a female hero in fantasy.

I have been stitching away and have another photo update of The Castle. I don't think it will be too much longer before I finish the Castle and move onto the dragon. I have also been trying my hand at paper crafts. I bought some care bear stamps on Saturday. A friend of mine is leaving work and she asked me to make a card using them. Yesterday I went out and bought some materials and thought I would give it a go. The result is a good luck bear card.
I'm quite proud of it since it is my first attempt. I used little tabs to raise the bear and the care bears sign from the surface and used layers of different types of green paper as a background. I used glitter for the little bears symbol (it's supposed to be a four leaf clover). I had bought some lime green paper with flower petals in it. I was disappointed that I couldn't find a use for it until I decided to stick it inside the card so that the card had another layer inside. I now have my sister demanding that I make one for her.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?