Tuesday, June 29, 2004

 
I keep coming across references to Perdido St Station by china Mieville (sp?). It was a book I really didn't enjoy. It took me a while to finish it but I couldn't give up. I hate not finishing books and I wasn't going to allow this one to defeat me. The description were good with strong characters and the imagination behind the story was amazing. Normally this would be an excellent combination and to be honest I really can't explain my dislike for the book. It was there almost from the start and it just grew. About month after I read it I saw his other book The Scar and almost bought it. I don't know why after the way I felt for the last one. I still would like to read it but it is set in the same universe as the last one and surely I am going to react in the same way. Maybe when my curiosity has gotten the better of me I will get it out the library.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?