Friday, June 11, 2004

 
I saw my first deer yesterday. It was the most amazing sight I have ever seen. It ran out in front of the car. Luckily we had slowed down to s stop before it did. We had spotted it on the pavement trying to get into the park next to the Loch and we slowed down to look. The poor thing was terrified. I think it was lost as the normally stick to a little further along the road. I think it was quite young because it seemed so small.

I've had lots of nice comments about Celtic Christmas. A few people have even decided to stitch it too. I have stitched a couple of cards for the pink charity which I will send off on Monday. Over the weekend I have decided to make a start on "The Castle" by Teresa Wentzler. So watch this space for progress pictures.

I finished reading "Slaughterhouse 5" by Kurt Vonnegut. I very much enjoyed it. It was very strange with lots of time jumps. A friend has said that he uses this method in all his books but this one has more than the rest. She recommended that I try some of his other books as they are better. I probably would have given them a try anyway. Just now I am reading "A Prayer for Owen Meany" by John Irving. So far I like it. If I had more time I think it would be a book I would find difficult to put down.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?