Saturday, June 05, 2004

 
The new msn sci fi group is thinking about setting up book discussions like we used to do in the old group. Believe it or not this suggestion did not come from me but came from another old member. She and I used to take part in a lot of them and so I was pleased when I found out today that she had joined this one. I was hoping that we would do the new Stephen King book "Susanna's Song" but the group manager asked if we could stay clear of horror. I suppose these aren't really horror so he may be up for it. I won't suggest it just now as I want to wait until staff discount day before I buy it (on staff discount day we get and extra 10% off).

Tomorrow I'm going to see Harry Potter. I'm really looking forward to as this one was my favourite book. It's been selling out very quickly so I just hope that I manage to get tickets.

I finished read "All Families Are Psychotic" by Douglas Coupland. It was very good although I am starting to see a pattern in his books. Not a bad thing I guess it's just what comes from reading many of one persons work. The ending was pretty unbelievable but I don't think it was meant to be.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?