Tuesday, June 08, 2004

 
Ronald Reagan died on Saturday. I can't say I was a fan of his politics but I did feel a little sad. I think it was more to do with the fact that he was the first American President I could remember as I child. I remember being asked at school who the president of America was and being proud of myself for knowing who it was. It's like parts of my childhood are disappearing.

A while ago I discovered that Jonathan Brandis died. It was months after the fact that I found out. I felt so sad for his family and the fact that he wasn't there anymore. I always wondered why we didn't see more of him after Seaquest. I had a huge crush on him as most girls at my age did. Me and my best friend used to watch "It" over and over again because he was in it even though the film seemed so bad after reading the book. That was also like a part of my childhood disappearing. It seemed so important back then.

I'm only 24 but is this what it is going to be like as I grow older? Things disappearing? I think that is part of the reason why I keep a paper journal. To hold onto these things for as long as I can.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?