Tuesday, June 01, 2004

 
Yesterday I went to see "Day After Tomorrow". To be honest I wasn't really that bothered about going to see it. Despite the fact that some of the images looked amazing I didn't think much of the previews. However, the film was really good. I very much enjoyed it although in the end it did turn cheesy. I would recommend that people go and see this film.

Good news, some of the members from the old discussion group have started up their own group. They had the same problem as me that they couldn't find one to compete. They missed the old gang and so decided to invite everyone to a new one. While I am under no illusion that it will be in any way the same. I am very excited about this. I'll get to chat about the books and shows I like with people I have gotten to know over the last couple of years.

I finished reading "Tales From Earthsea" by Ursula Le Guin. It was a book of five stories that gave some background information to Earthsea. I probably should have read this before reading "The Other Wind" as one of the characters in the last story was linked to this. However, I don't think I lost anything by not reading it first. I am now reading "Chocky" by John Wyndham. I decided to read it after watching the children's show based on it. Actually there are quite a few of his books that I would love to read but haven't got round to it yet.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?