Saturday, July 24, 2004

 

Another Leaving Card

I messed about with my new craft things last night as I said I would. I still had another leaving card to make so I was just messing about to get ideas for this one and I ended up finishing it. I actually added another layer to it. I had decided on yellow as I remember this person mentioning that she liked yellow. While I was picking out different types of yellow paper I saw this lovely transparent sheet of paper with sunflower prints on it (I also so another one with silver butterflies which I had to buy too). I use it almost like a cover round the outside of the card. I then did my usual layering technique after cutting out my decorated stamp and stuck this to the front of the card. The stamp is a flower with a stained glass background. I bought some coloured pencils the other day which had silver and gold amongst them and used these for the background. I then used silver and gold glitter pens for the frame. I am very pleased with the end result and I hope she liked it.

I also watched my second Doctor Who DVD. The next one was "The Dalek Invasion of Earth." Again this one is one of my favourites. When I was a kid I was convinced that it was in colour, turns out it was the film versions I remembered and when I first saw the original ones I was a little disappointed. That has since changed of course and I now prefer the original. I love the Dalek stories but this one is a favourite because it is one of the first ones with the Daleks on Earth. In this one the Daleks planet is dying and so they need the core of the Earth. They have enslaved humans to dig until they can find the right place to send down a bomb to get to it. The Doctor arrives with Susan, Barbara and Ian and they all help the resistance group to foil the Daleks plan. This is also the one where Susan leaves although she appears in another one, "The Five Doctors", years later. I think some good fanfic could be written about the time between then.





Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?