Tuesday, July 06, 2004

 
I have started writing again. Remember a while ago I was stuck with my original story? While I was stitching I was hit with inspiration. Last night I began the detailed notes for book one and it is going well. I think I mentioned before that I had ideas for a prelude story. Well I now have ideas for two more stories which will be set alongside the trilogy. Not sure if I am going to make them a book of short stories or if I can write them in novel length. I have written down some notes on my ideas but would really like to concentrate on book 1. I think it won't be long before I begin the actual writing.

Very much enjoying "The Mists Of Avalon" by Marion Zimmer Bradley. It is still a little slow at getting into the action but then it is a long book. The result is that I may come away with a King Arthur obsession and may go through a phase of reading all stories related to the legend. A friend recommended one but I can't remember the authors name. I may request some suggestions on the BBC big read board.

There was an article on the BBC about a guy who spent three months just writing every thought in his head. It's not like a journal because you don't date it. Instead you write all your thoughts out on single sheets of paper so that they can be sorted into subject. Apparently he teaches how to do this on his web page. I just don't see how it can be done. He says that you pretty much have to give up any normal daily life for three months. What about work? And surely after three months without any outside stimulus your thoughts would become dull or repetitive. Mind you maybe that's the point. Without outside stimulus your thought would maybe turn in the way and you would learn more about yourself. The idea does sound interesting and I may try it in a limited way. Just not sure how practical it is. Don't think my work would allow me to carry a ringbinder around all day so that I can record all my thoughts.

Another thing I read is that there is going to be a gallery of children's illustrated, Quentin Blake's, work. I would love to see it. It is being held in Aberdeen which is really too far away. Particularly if I am going on my own. Maybe I can talk someone into going with me.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?