Monday, July 19, 2004

 

Ladykillers

Last night I saw "Ladykillers" at the cinema. It was quite good, very funny. I have to admit that Tom Hanks character annoyed me. He was probably supposed to be annoying but it almost put me off the film. I don't think I would want to own it on DVD.
 
Speaking of DVDs. I now own all released "Doctor Who" DVD's. I have decided to watch them all in order and yesterday I started by watching "The Aztecs". This one is one of my favourite ones and it was still early enough when the show was supposed to teach a little something of history. Next up is another favourite of mine "The Dalek Invasion of Earth".
 
Still reading "If on a Winters Night a Traveler" by Italio Calvino. Very much enjoying it. I would have thought that reading all these brief stories that don't have an ending would be irritating but its not. The narration in between these is the actual story. It is very different which is one of the reasons why I am enjoying it so much. I am also still working my way through "War and Peace". Although it had been so long since I last picked it up I was able to get straight back into it. I am hooked to the storyline again.




Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?