Thursday, July 15, 2004

 
Last night I stayed up to finish "Lost Boy Lost Girl" by Peter Straub. It is a fairly easy read so I felt that I had to finish it. It was a little creepy in parts and I haven't felt a book to be particularly creepy in a long time. However, I didn't like the ending. I didn't like what happened to the lost boy in the end. I felt the same way about the ending of "MR X" by the same author so maybe I just don't like the way he ends things in general. I guess I didn't think it truly explained everything. And there was certainly a lot of things which were left unexplained. Sure there are some things that should be left to the imagination of the reader. But sometimes it is important to know what the writer intended. Anyway, it hasn't put me off his books. They are a good quick read. And I loved the books he co-wrote with Stephen King.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?