Sunday, August 22, 2004

 

Olympics Update 6

I have to admit that over the last few days I haven't been paying as much attention to the Olympics as what I have been. This is just due to the way my shifts work out in work at the weekend.

What I can tell you is that Great Britain now has five gold medals and a total of 19 which puts us at 11th position. Bradley Wiggins won a gold for cycling. My boyfriend was able to watch it and he said it was unbelievable. Wiggins was almost unheard of and beat the Australian who was the favourite to win. The Gold for women's sailing is now being listed. We also won a gold for men's canoeing. This is Pinsent's fourth Olympic gold for this event. Lastly Ben Ainslie won us another gold for sailing.

As I said, I haven't paid as much attention to it these last few days. But I can tell you that both China and the US are tied with 20 gold medals each. However, the US has a total of 49 and China has a total of 43. 49 medals just seems like so much. I can't imagine how the US Olympic fans must be feeling over their team coming home with so many. The US does have a large team so I don't know if this is the norm but still!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?