Tuesday, August 24, 2004

 

Writing Update

I am afraid that I am going to have to postpone chapter three until Friday or Saturday. I was hoping to have it uploaded by today but unfortunately I wasn't feeling well yesterday. I had absolutely no energy to concentrate so I didn't do any work on it as I had planned. I'm feeling a little better today but of course I have work. I will have it uploaded before I go on holiday though. I can promise that. Not sure if I will be able to have chapter four up before I go but I will have begun work on it.

I read on the BBC that there is now a search for someone to write a sequel to Peter Pan. I think the favourite is JK Rowling. These sequels to classic books seem to be becoming more popular. I read "Mrs DeWinter" by Susan Hill which was a sequel to "Rebecca". It was years ago now and at the time I did enjoy it. However, I have since been reluctant to try them. I think there are a few sequels to "Pride and Prejudice" and there is also "Scarlet" which is a sequel to "Gone With the Wind". I was tempted to read that one but I heard that it turns Scarlet into a saint which put me off. The article I read put up an interesting point. Are these literary works in their own right or is it just another form of fanfiction?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?