Wednesday, September 22, 2004

 

The Darks Tower

This is the seventh and last book in the series by Stephen King. Actually I think that this one is his last book ever as he is going blind. It was out yesterday and this time I didn't flick through it. No, this time I decided to do something so much more dumber. I decided to read the blurb on the inside jacket. Normally this wouldn't spoil things unless like me you have only just passed the halfway point of the sixth book. I'm an idiot I know! So I now know that a few of the things that I thought was going to happen in Song of Susannah doesn't. This is actually quite anoying because it makes the sixth book almost pointless. Don't get me wrong, so far it has been a great read but I think it is just being used as a bridge to the last one. Nothing truly important is going to happen in it because it is all being saved for the last book. I spoke to a friend in work and he said basically the same thing. He said though that it does get very strange and finishes at a huge cliffhanger. I hate waiting when it comes to those so I'm glad I waited until the seventh book was coming out before I began reading it (it wasn't intentional believe it or not).

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?