Monday, September 20, 2004

 

Still tired and Stephen King

Well, I think I am okay now but yesterday I didn't do much except sit around the house in my pjs and watch tv and DVD's. Just couldn't sum up the energy. I think this week I will be back to normal though.

I also did some reading. I finished reading "A Coyotes in the House" by Elmore Leonard. Another children's book and quite a good one. In this a dog has decided that he is fed up with being a Hollywood star and a pet and wants to live on the wild side. So he asks a Coyote if he would swap places with him. It is a funny story and very sweet. However, everyone I spoke to claimed that it was amazing and I wouldn't go that far. I would recommend it though to kids who want to read something light and a little bit different.

I am now reading the sixth book in Stephen Kings Gunslinger series, "The Song of Susannah". I started it last night and already I am a third of the way through it. The last book was a brilliant one and I think that this one is going to be in the same league. It took me just reading the first chapter to remember all the strange occurrences throughout the story and all the questions we were left with at the end of the last one. So far none of those questions have been answered but more information is being given as I go along. It think this one is going to be just as strange as the last one too. I love the illustrations too. I don't have books one to four in hardback so I don't know what they are like. However, the illustrations in books 5 and six are very different in style. Both are very dark but the illustrations in book six seem to be as though from a dream. That's the best way I can describe it. Anyway, I think this series is Kings best work. Can't wait to get onto book seven which is out this month.

As yet I still haven't done any crafts either. I have got some inspiration though after looking through my magazines today. I am thinking of making some Halloween cards for my nieces. I just spotted them in the mag today and they are very cute. I'll post a picture when I do them. I also plan to make some more Christmas cards soon.

Both my writing and my French have been left behind a bit. That is something I am going to make a point of working on next week. I will have to register for my French course soon and I don't want to get too far behind on all the work I put in before my holiday. Also I still have that doctor who story niggling at the back of my head. So I haven't ran out of inspiration or ideas I just haven't had the time to work on it. I will finish it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?