Saturday, October 16, 2004

 

I finally chose

I decided to read "The Wind-up Bird Chronicle" after all. It has been in my 'to read' pile for quite a while now so I thought it was about time I picked it up. It's also a friends favourite book and I have seen a few people from work reading it. Basically my curiosity got the better of me. Glad I picked it up though. I'm about 100 pages into it and so far I'm still trying to work out exactly what I think of it. It had me hooked from the start (which is always a good sign) and I think it is going to continue to be a brilliant read. There are already lots of questions and there seem to be more with every chapter. I always think those are the best kinds of books. The type that keeps you hanging on. Instead of making sense straight away you don't know where the book is going until right at the end.

I felt the same about "Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World" by the same author. It wasn't until the end that everything tied together. It was strange but it did make sense in the end. I think that the wind up bird is going to turn out the same way. A very different storyline though and a different method too. I would say different style except that reading it you can tell it is the same author. There are certain characteristics that make both books unique to this author. Regardless of how I feel about this book in the end (although I have no doubts that I will enjoy it all the way through) I will definitely make a point of reading more.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?