Wednesday, October 13, 2004

 

More crafts

I got another calligraphy book. This one is called the Calligraphers Bible and has 100 different styles. I'm not sure if I like it though. I've had a flick through it and the instructions aren't as clear as they are in the first one. It spend more time on the different styles rather than how to do them. At the start it lists all the types of tools you can use but doesn't tell you which one is best for each hand. I will look at it properly over the weekend and give it a try then. If I really don't like it I can always swap it for another one.

A friend from a cross stitch group told us about a charity stitch she took part in. She stitched a square which became a quilt for a sick child. The website lists several children and each child gets a quilt on a favourite theme. You can take part in as many as you like but there are closing dates for each one. I thought this was a good one and I am thinking of taking part.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?