Tuesday, October 26, 2004

 

So tired

My shifts have changed until after Christmas to help out with a few things. It means I start early. I thought that this would be great as I would get loads done but I'm to tired to do anything. Mind you at the moment it doesn't help that I am running around after my sister while my parents are away. Hopefully once I get used to it I will find that I can actually do other things after work.

I got my promotion which begins after Christmas. I will basically be in charge of the department I already work in. I'm looking forward to it. I'm particularly looking forward to the training as I want to see how things are run in more detail. Also the extra wage won't go amiss.

I finished The Wind-up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami. Basically it's about a young married couple who's cat goes missing. The husband doesn't even notice at first but as soon as he does he begins to notice strange things happening. He gets phone calls from strangers who claim to know him and visits from people who begin to tell him their life story. Going into more detail than this would spoil a few things and I don't want to do that. There is a lot more to the story than I just described. Very much a book that requires thinking. I liked it but I'm not sure I fully understand it. I think my friend who got book notes for it had the right idea.

Comments:
Sounds like a strange plot for a book, I'd read it if I actually had time for reading anymore. Congrats on the promotion, and yay for Christmas. Just thinking about the holidays makes me extraordinarily happy.

I agree with you on the prospect of working in the mornings: it sucks, you're too tired to know what you're doing. I go through all my mornings in a zombie like state. School starts at 7:30 for me, which means I gotta be up by 6:15 or so.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?