Saturday, November 13, 2004

 

The best dream ever

I had such a good dream last night. Somehow I had the money to pay for a holiday for both myself and the boyfriend. I managed to get flights really cheap for San Francisco for April 2006. It was a surprise for the boyfriend who would be graduating. We would be there for a total of five days and two of those days would be spent in Yosemite. I woke up this morning wondering if it would actually be possible then reality hit. So disappointing. I really do want to go back.

I started reading "The Dark Tower" by Stephen King. Wow is it good and I'm only about a sixth of the way through it. It caught my attention straight away as it went straight into the action that the last one ended at. I'm worried that the ending might be a disappointment since I have been looking forward to reading this in so long. However, I'm trying to forget about that and just enjoy it. Again there are a few references to his other books (other than the ones in the series) such as The Dead Zone and The Stand. If there have been others I haven't noticed them but I am sure there will be more. The illustrations are just as good as the ones in the other books. I don't want to say to much about the story as I might be tempted to give away a few things that should probably remain a surprise. I guess it is obvious that there is a reunion between all the main characters. It was a nice one with a lot of talk but then straight onto business. I am trying to read it slowly so that the book lasts a little longer but it feels as though I am flying through it. I think that by the end of next week it will be finished. I could prolong it by only reading it at home and taking a different book into work with me but I really want to pay full attention to it.

I haven't just been reading. I have started a birthday card for a friend. This is a stitched one this time and her birthday is next week. I have left it a little late so I am going to spend most of today stitching it. I chose a simple design so hopefully it won't take me too long. I have also taken up knitting again for the first time in years. I used to knit when I was a kid because my mum would knit. I then took it up again when I was about 16 to knit dolls for friends. This time I am knitting a scarf. It has been so long since I have done this that I thought I would start with something simple. I now have requests for scarfs from others.

I haven't done any writing I'm afraid. I plan to get that out tomorrow and get to work on having a chapter of my Dr Who story updated finally. It's only been about two months. I still have ideas for other stories but I might leave them aside to get this one finished. Another friend suggested that I write children's stories so this might be something I will look into.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?