Tuesday, November 16, 2004

 

Last Round Robin

Last week I was sent the next part in the round robin I have been organising. This one is special because it is the last one before I get my own. I can't believe that it is almost over. I started organising this about a year ago now and it won't be long before we all see the end results. I have to admit that stitching all these different themes has been interesting. I looked forward to receiving them and seeing what each theme is. The last one I have to do is a bathroom theme. Very different to all the others which have been angels or ballerinas. Unfortunately I don't have any bathroom themed charts so I have decided to use one of the charts pasted into the journal.

The journal is another part I am looking forward to getting back. I am interested to see what everyone has wrote in it. A lot of it is going to be left blank so I am going to hang onto it and use it if I take part in any other round robin. I have to admit that although I would like to take part in one I don't think that I will be able to do the organising. I will have too much on next year so the only way I will be able to take part is if someone else organises it. I hope they do but it has been kind of quiet on the cross stitch group. A lot of the older members don't seem to be around anymore. The manager of the group seems to be absent quite a bit too. Admittedly I haven't been around much either. Every so often I try to make an effort but it just isn't like it was a few months back.

I can't remember if I mentioned that I am taking part in another cross stitch round robin which was organised by someone else. This one is a little different because it is a birthday exchange. This time we stitch birthday cards for each other. There are only a few of us otherwise we would be split into groups. The next birthday is tomorrow and I sent out the card I made today. I don't know this person that well so I wasn't sure what to stitch. I then saw a chart of a Marilyn Munroe bear and so decided to stitch that on some nice sparkly blue fabric. Unfortunately (me being the idiot that I am) I forgot to take a photo of the end result before I sent it away. I was pleased with the result anyway and I just hope that the receiver likes it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?