Friday, November 26, 2004

 

Lost in a Good Book

I just finished this book by Jasper Fforde last night. It really was as good as his first one, The Eyre Affair. I like the idea of being able to travel through books and interact with the characters. I also liked the idea that each book has a representative and that they can also come out of their books and into others. Actually there was a lot of ideas in it that I really liked. This book is definitely for those who like books with a bit of imagination and is clever at the same time. I would also say it is for book fans.

I am now going to read "Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell" by Susanna Clarke. I have heard nothing but good things about this book. It is also up for a Whitbread nomination for best new novel. It is a fair size but I'm looking forward to getting into it.

I have a question for anyone who may be reading this. If there was one book that you could spend some time in what would it be? You wouldn't really be part of the storyline but you could certainly interact with the characters. That's a hard one for me. I'm not really sure what I would chose. At the moment I am tempted to say the Dark Tower series (which is kind of a cheat since it is seven books) but it would probably scare the hell out of me. I'm also tempted to go for a classic there are a lot of characters I would like to have a one on one with. If I wanted something fun though I think I would go for one of the Pern stories.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?