Wednesday, November 10, 2004

 

More Reading

I finished Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke last night. As I said before it is a simple story but I did enjoy it. It was a little different and it did have imagination to it. I particularly liked the descriptions of the magical creatures. I'm glad I read it and I loved the illustrations too. I think that if you love dragon stories and don't mind reading children's books then I would recommend it.

I also finished The Gunslinger by Stephen King. Yes I didn't enjoy it the first time round but this time I did. I'm not sure if it was because I loved the other books so much that maybe I was paying more attention to it. I knew that it was leading to a really great story and so I appreciated it more. I did find that this time round I felt more for the characters because I knew them from the other books. I felt sorry for Jake and Roland. At the same time I didn't particularly like Roland in this one. I'm glad I read it again.

I have now moved onto The Dark Tower by Stephen King which is the last book in the series. Wow, I have read two chapters and got a surprise in the first one already. I don't want to give anything away so I won't go into detail. Lets just say that part of what happened in the first chapter was a little unexpected. Maybe for others it was obvious but not for me.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?