Saturday, November 13, 2004

 

Smoking Ban

I should point out now that not only am I not a smoker I am extremely anti smoking. I hate coming home from a night out and finding that my clothes and hair are stinking of smoke. It doesn't matter how late it is I have to shower to get rid of the smell and put my clothes straight in the wash otherwise I won't be able to sleep. I hate people blowing their smoke in my face or having their cigarettes pointing at me. So when there was a chance that smoking would be banned in pubs in Scotland I was more than enthusiastic about the idea. I really didn't think it would happen. But as of 2006 the smoking ban will be in effect.

Since this announcement all I have heard is complaints from smokers saying that it isn't fair. Maybe it isn't but it also isn't fair that us non smokers should have to breathe in your smoke. Should we not go on nights out just because you feel the need to light up? I know so many people out there who only smoke when they are drinking and most of them wish that they didn't. So for them this might actually be a good thing. And what about the people who work there, why should they have to breath in smoke? Sure you could say they don't have to work there. But again why should they give up on the chance of a job.

I know that there are many who are angry over this decision but I celebrate it. I look forward to be able to go out with friends and enjoy having clean air to breath.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?