Monday, November 01, 2004

 

Sorry it's been a while

Almost a week which is a long time for me. In truth I really didn't have anything interesting to say. On the days I felt enough energy to actually blog I could think of absolutely nothing to blog about. I have to admit thought that I had that energy maybe a couple of times at most.

I did have the time to do some reading and have since read a couple of books. I read Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin which was an amazing book. It reminded me so much of my time in San Francisco. Not so much the life since I really wasn't there long enough for that but the place names. It was just such a nice story. Each person in the book has their own story and unknown to everyone else each story is in some way connected. I would definitely recommend it. I then read Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K Hamilton which is the first book in her vampire series. I have to admit that at first I wasn't at all impressed. It almost felt bored by it as though it wasn't new. As the story moved on I did begin to enjoy it. I still wouldn't say it was original but it was certainly an entertaining easy read.

I'm now reading another easy read. The latest Pern book by Anne McCaffrey and Todd McCaffrey. I can't remember for the life of me what it is called. I loved these books when I first started reading them over a year ago now. I am now bored with the storyline. Maybe because it hasn't told anything new. Or maybe I have grown past them. I would hate to think that as I certainly would love to go back and read the first ones. I'm also still slowly working my way through the gunslinger but haven't looked at it over the weekend. To be honest I am in the mood to read a good science fiction book. Although I read the Alistair Reynolds book not that long ago it feels like it was several months ago.

I spent most of the weekend playing the new Grand Theft Auto game. I love these games. I let the violence in me out in those games. Actually I'm not violent and in most ways I would consider myself to be a pacifist. I don't believe in the need for violence as a resolution to anything. You wouldn't believe it though to watch me play this game. I guess everyone has a little bit of the devil inside them.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?