Monday, January 17, 2005

 

Stranger In a Strange Land

I just finished reading "Stranger In a Strange Land" by Robert A. Heinlein. I did enjoy it at first but in the end it just got a little too strange for me. I could understand what the book was getting at. It was basically about how both happiness and wisdom could be achieved. A lot of good ideas in there but it still wasn't really what I was looking for in this book. I was looking for a down to earth sci fi book and that wasn't what I got. That is not to say that I wouldn't recommend it thought. Basically the story is about a human male who has been brought up on Mars by martians. When brought back to Earth it takes him a long time to understand humans and for humans to understand him. He doesn't understand the human way of life. Eventually he decides that he wants to show the world that it can be happy without being bad to others. There is a lot more to it than that but if I was to go into more detail I would probably end up here all day explaining the full story.

Not much else to tell I'm afraid. I got a sketch book which I have started using to catalogue my crafts. I thought that it would be a good idea particularly with my card making. It means that if I am stuck for ideas that I can go back and look at other things I did.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?