Wednesday, January 05, 2005

 

"Thief's Gamble" by Juliet E. McKenna

I finished this book yesterday morning. It was a good read and it definitely leaves you wanting to read more. I haven't looked at the others in the series but with the way this one ended the others don't have to have the same main character. Normally this would annoy me but in this case it might actually be a good idea. Not that I didn't like the main character, I did, but it would be different if they changed it. The other key characters would have to remain the same though. It could be that the main character remains throughout the series but after finishing this one it doesn't have to be that way. Anyway, as I mentioned before I am going to read the others. I'm just not sure when. Hopefully at some point this year.

"Abhorson" by Garth Nix finally came out in paperback. I started it yesterday and what a start! After just reading the prologue I was in shock. A good start to the last book in a brilliant trilogy. I'm not far into it but the story basically continues right from where "Lirael" left off unlike the first two books. There was a large time gap between "Sabriel" and "Lirael". I have been looking forward to reading this in a long time so I am just going to enjoy it.

I know that although it is a kids book it is still fantasy. I had promised myself that the next book I would buy would be sci fi. So to make up for it I bought "Stranger in a Strange Land" by Robert E. Heinlein too. I haven't read any of his books before although they have been recommended to me. I plan to read this one next. Also Alastair Reynolds has a new sci fi book out so I am going to read that one at some point this year.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?