Monday, February 07, 2005

 

Card competition and new round robin

I saw in one for the card magazines I buy that there is a competition for all sorts of card making goodies. You have to design your own Easter card to be in with a chance of winning. I thought that I might as well give it a go since I have nothing to lose. I went out and got some supplies today and will spend tonight coming up with some ideas. It was also the excuse I needed to begin an ideas journal. I already have a scrapbook which I used to paste in photos of completed projects and write a little about them. I had been wondering if I should use the same notebook to write up any ideas I have. I decided not to and just get a separate one. That way I can scribble away without ruining it. I don't think I have much of a chance of winning since some of the cards I have seen people send in are pretty amazing. It will be good practice though and will give me the chance to try my hand at making cards for different events.

I am also thinking of starting a new round robin. I know I said I wouldn't since I had far too much on. However a new member to the cross stitch group said that she would like to take part in a small round robin since she is new to it. She gave the bookmark one as an example. Having taken part in a bookmark exchange before I thought this was a good idea. I have left a message for people to sign up for it should they wish to. Also the fact that it is smaller means that I don't have to worry too much about finding time to do it. I hope I get enough of a response.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?