Saturday, February 05, 2005

 

Mothers Day Card

Before I go on to the Mother's Day Card I'll give you an update on my The Castle. It finally feels as though I am getting somewhere with the rocks. Not only are they taking shape but the gaps are filling in. I think what is taking so long is that there is so many colour changes. It makes it a little tedious to stitch. With any luck in the next week or so I will be able to post a picture of the design finished (before the backstitch that is).

I am a little early with a Mother's day card. Although it is a month to go some of the magazines I buy are giving ideas and some freebies to create your own cards. I decided to make use of some of those freebies to make one for my mum. I seem to have a thing for blue and yellow just now but it just happened to be the colours I had at hand. I think I need to stock up on some new colours. Anyway, this one is a little different from my other cards because it opens up like an accordion. I also used the calligraphy I have been practicing to write in the middle.

No more crafts today though. I have to get some studying done.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?