Sunday, March 27, 2005

 

New Doctor Who Episode 1

At the moment I am not entirely sure what to think about the new episode. I have to say that when the opening credits came on I did get excited. So many people have been talking about this moment. I'm not just talking about friends. The other day there was a young family on and the kids were talking about watching Doctor Who and wandering if it would be scary.

I'm not sure if I like the Doctor in this one. He is very different from all the others. More down to earth and knows a lot about earth culture. I suppose it is only natural since he is supposed to have spent so much time here. Rose wasn't quite as annoying as I thought she would be. Billie Piper really surprised me with that one. Also the new effects were good. It has definitely been modernised that way.

The story itself was okay. It was really just an intro. However, it was a little short and very little background. In the others there is usually a build up. The Doctor arrives, things begin to happen and the Doctor fixes it. This time the Doctor was already trying to fix things when he met Rose at the start. As I said it is an intro and I think the rest will be different. This one was more from Rose's point of view.

I am still going to hold back my over all judgment until I see more.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?