Tuesday, March 29, 2005

 

Stitch Alongs

Blog spot is acting up again. The past two days I have had to rewrite messages and then post them again. It is getting a little annoying. I am now thinking of changing to new blog space.

Anyways, I just posted a message on a cross stitch group that I belong to about Stitch Alongs. I took part in one on the Yahoo group while I was stitching Celtic Christmas and really enjoyed it. I thought that taking part in another one might be fun. I thought that it would also help boost a group that seems to be flagging. It's the same old messages that are posted these days and I have to admit that for the past few months I have become bored and tempted to give up on the group. I really don't want to as I have enjoyed participating in the past. I guess it might have something to do with very little manager involvement for some time now. As well as that I thought it might be good for people who want to attempt larger projects but haven't had the courage to do so. With a sort of support network that might encourage them. I also thought that it might get people to try out projects that they wouldn't normally try out. I had thought that my round robins might help increase member involvement but sadly this hasn't happened. Most communication has been through email and the other members haven't seemed that interested in the outcome.

Speaking of round robin, I am finally organising my new one this week. I am really looking forward to this one as I enjoyed the bookmark exchange when I took part in that on the Yahoo group. There are very few of us and it looks like one person has dropped out. Hopefully that won't be a problem. It won't really affect the rest of us taking part. This week I am going to make up a questionnaire to send to the others. That way we get to know what we all like and dislike. It will just make it easier in choosing a design. I am also going to stick the answers in my Round Robin journal. And only a few months ago I said I wasn't going to organise another one.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?