Sunday, April 24, 2005

 

Artists Way Wk3

Yes I actually finished the third week in the space of one week like you are supposed to. I got over last weeks excitement about the book and now I am just looking forward to completing it. I figure that I have started now so I might as well finish it.

This time I didn't agree with most of what was said in the chapter. The one that I truly didn't agree with was the section on synchronicity. The idea that you really want something to happen and so it does. Yes, I'm the cynic who believes that when this happens it is merely coincidence. I don't think that because I really want something to happen that it will. I believe that if you really want something to happen then you have to make it happen. Nobody should assume that things are going to be handed over to you on a plate. I just don't think that life should be lived waiting for things to happen. Most of us (myself included) are good at doing that and I think that most of us learned a long time ago that life just doesn't work that way. Apparently Jung believed in this. He wrote an essay on it. I tried to see if I could find it but had no luck.

Next week I am still going to continue but there is one part that I refuse to do. There is no way that I am doing reading deprivation. I am not allowed to read anything unless of course I have to for work. No chance. I love reading and I couldn't go a week without it. I don't want to go a week without it and I'm not even going to try. I haven't fully read the chapter yet but I saw that part when I glimpsed through it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?