Friday, April 15, 2005

 

Pat myself on the back

Yes, I have actually figured out how to add links on the sidebar of my blog. I know that it's hardly rocket science. But I had to go into the template and add it in myself in code. To me that is a big deal. Maybe I can learn to do html after all.

Yesterday I spent most of the day catching up on my journal. I haven't written in it in a few months. I've been too busy or too tired or have had other things that I want to do. Lately I have been inspired and so finally picked it up on Monday. I haven't want to put it down since. I still haven't found the perfect notebook for my journal though. In my head I know what I want it to be like but have yet to see it. Therefore last night I finally started making my own. I have been thinking about making my own for months now. Just never had the guts to actually do it. I got out some nice paper I had last night and stitched them together. So now I have a good number of pages in a variety of colours and textures. I need more paper to finish it. I'll do that at the end of the month which will give me time to think of things that I can add to it. I am thinking of getting some white paper which will be good for sketching on. I will also need time to think of how I want the front cover. I haven't decided yet if I want to make some sort of collage or if I want to use fabric. If I use fabric I could always embroider my own design. This will mean that I will be tackling something else that I have wanted to do for quite some time, take up embroidery.

Which reminds me. A member on Craftster made this bag. I thought this was amazing. It is so beautifully stitched and the colours go together so well. If I made something like this I'm not sure I could give it away. I would want to show it off at every opportunity.

Well, I spent most of yesterday thinking about what I could stitch next. I almost picked up one of the kits I have lying around and making a start on it. I just don't have the motivation to pick up the castle and finish it. Tonight I plan to design a couple of Dr Who keyrings for friends. Maybe tomorrow I will finally pick it up and keep going until it is finished.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?