Saturday, April 30, 2005

 

Two New Finishes

I have been busy working away at a few projects this week and I actually managed to get them done. The main one is the journal that I finally managed to finish. I Already had the paper set up. All I needed to do was the cover. I used card and sheets of foam and then covered it with yellow fabric. On the front I had stitched a hula girl using the Stitch it kit. On the back I stitched Palm Trees. I am pleased with the way it turned out. I did want a little folder of some sort on the inside to hold stickers and things but as yet I haven't worked out an ideal way to do this. I basically don't want to ruin it. The whole thing ties together with yellow ribbon. It gives it that summery feeling and I am hoping to be onto it by the summer. I am definitely going to make them for friends. I did have a couple of better pictures but Webshots doesn't like them and wouldn't load them.

I went shopping for wool for the laptop bag for my friend. Unfortunately I couldn't get a hold of it so I had to order it from America. It will be a few weeks before it gets here. I would have used an equivalent but I couldn't find that either. I did buy wool for the party bag in SNB Nation which I promised to make for another friend. I did forget to buy one type of wool which I was supposed to knit with the one I did buy. It means it isn't fluffy but I do like the way it knitted up anyway. I finished it in one sitting and I'm happy with the way it turned out.

Comments:
Interesting blog you have here, I landed here on accident. I was searching for something else and came across your site. I found it pretty interesting and entertaining. I got you book marked.

I will pop back in from time to time to see what you have new here.

My site is a bit different than yours, but just as entertaining and educational, I run a scrapbooking organizer related site pertaining to scrapbooking organizer related articles.
 
Interesting blog you have here, I landed here on accident. I was searching for something else and came across your site. I found it pretty interesting and entertaining. I got you book marked.

I will pop back in from time to time to see what you have new here.

My site is a bit different than yours, but just as entertaining and educational, I run a scrapbooking organizer related site pertaining to scrapbooking organizer related articles.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?