Saturday, May 07, 2005

 

Some Random things

I was watching the Dalek Doctor Who episode again last night as the tape it was on hasn't been used again yet. Not as impressive the second time round but still enjoyed it. One thing I did notice though is that the Dalek seemed to be smaller than they were in the original shows. Maybe I just imagined it but this one definitely seemed both shorter and slimmer. It could be because it is meant to be one of their soldiers or it could be that it really is my imagination.

I have no craft project to work on just now and it is driving me up the wall. I have my letters which I am going to finish today. I have some postcards to make but nothing to truly get me excited about. I could pick up my cross stitching and finish The Castle but I'm really not in the mood. It's getting to the stage where I wonder if I will pick it up again.

I am now reading "Oracle Night" by Paul Auster. Only a few pages into it but so far I am liking it better than "The New York Trilogy". So far it is about a writer recovering from an illness that nearly killed him. He buys a notebook and decides after months to pick up his pen again. I had it in my head when I bought this one that it was set in San Francisco. It was one of the reasons I bought it and one of the reasons I picked it up last night. I wanted a reminder of my holiday. San Francisco is written on the back cover but it is a review by the San Francisco Chronicle. The blurb clearly mentions that it is set in New York. It took me about 5 seconds to get over the disappointment as the story sucked me in. I am glad that I decided to pick it up. It saved me half an hour of looking at my pile of books and wondering what to read next.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?