Wednesday, June 15, 2005

 

Crochet Failure

So on and off this week I have been trying out crochet. The bookmark didn't turn out too well. I made a second one and it wasn't too bad. Not brilliant but okay. Now I am trying out just plain squares. Easy you would think. But not for me. I have tried to crochet a simple square I don't know how many times over the last few days. The end result is always the same. It just looks like one big mess and I end up ripping it all out. It doesn't matter what I do I just can't get the tension right. I make it slightly loose and the thing has humongous holes in it. I make it tight and in the end I can barely get the needle through, by the second row it has humongous holes in it. I get the chain stitch just right and very neat. Again by the second row it has humongous holes in it. The pictures I am looking at say it shouldn't be like that. Maybe this is just one craft I was destined never to take to. Still I am going to persevere with it. I will get at least ONE neat square. Even if it kills me.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?