Monday, June 27, 2005

 

Death of Rats

Since I do have the stitching itch again I decided to pick up my stitching even if it isn't Celtic Winter or a flower fairie. A while ago I may have mentioned that I bought a kit of "Death of Rats" who is a character from Terry Pratchett's discworld series. The boyfriend is a huge fan and I decided to get one of the kits that are based on it. Personally I would have preferred the witches since I like them better but they aren't his favourite characters. And since this is for him and not me I thought I would be nice and chose something he might actually like.

I did make a start on it not long after I got it. The threads were all sorted for me and the design is fairly simple with no back stitch (unless you count the whiskers). Yet not long after I picked it up it got tossed aside. I had finished stitching with the first colour and was half way through the second before I realised I had made a stupid mistake right at the start. It meant basically that I had to start all over again. I was too frustrated over my own stupidity that I decided to leave it for now.

Well as you can see I did pick it up again. I fixed the mistake yesterday morning and I am now almost finished with the third colour. I just have one more to do after that and the cloak will be finished. Providing that I don't get distracted by something else I will be finished by the end of the week.

Comments:
Do you read Carols blog? If you don't then I'll pass on the details of the SAL as I get them. If you want the link to the others blogs then email me and I'll send you them. I'm not sure how to put them in here :o)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?