Friday, June 10, 2005

 

Doctor Who Catch up

It's been a while since I mentioned Doctor Who and the geek in me is crying from being shut away so long. Or maybe not since I have still been watching and obsessing over the new series. Anyway it's been a while since I have written about each episode and my thoughts on them and I now have a lot to catch up on. Not to worry I am not going to go over every single one since then. Just my favourites.

The ones that stand out for me just now is the two parter set during WW2. It was the fear factor that made it stand out from all the rest. Back to the old doctor who when it was actually scary. Who would have thought that a small child asking for his mummy would be creepy. I think if I was a kid again I would have had nightmares. Or at the very least had problems sleeping from thinking about it. Then there was the others who changed into that little boy. That was second to the little boy in its creepiness. Definitely one to add to my favourites list and I think that it is safe to say that the new Doctor Who series is a success. Viewing has remained very high. I have friends who hated Doctor Who in the past and are watching it now.

I think the next two are another two parter and are the last in the series. Looking forward to this one as it involves the Daleks again. More than one this time so it should be good.

Comments:
Looking forward to tonight! Half a million Daleks although I think there are only 3 props!!! I thought "Boom Town" was Russell's best episode writing wise. Have you noticed the best episodes are the ones he didn't write? He might've taken on too much, being exec-producer as well, which may account for why he's writing less next year. I was in two minds over "Bad Wolf" but think tonight's just might be the best of the lot which will make for a very uneven two-parter, following wacky with gritty! It's almost like they should be viewed as single episode stories with a Dalek cliffhanger between the two but then there are many old Who stories where the monster doesn't appear until halfway through. What are your thoughts?

Best wishes, Tim

PS Plse pass on my best wishes to your sister. A degree is a fine achievement.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?