Friday, June 10, 2005

 

Lesson learned and another new craft.

The bag that I had began knitting remains unfinished, I got half way thought the front piece and decided to give in. It was the difficulty that made me give up. It was the wool. Remember I guessed the colours of the wool and got them wrong. That was my big mistake. The colours together looked too much like the football colours of a local team and that was enough to put me off. I tried to finish it thinking that maybe someone else would like it but I couldn't. I hate football colours, especially the ones of the local teams. So I have given in and I don't intend to pick it up again. The wool I could use for something else, separately. The lesson? Well next time just chose colours that I actually like as long as I get the wool type and quantity correct. Common sense should have told me this first. I will get back to the bag but only after I have chosen different colours.

I got sent through "Cozy Crochet Kit" by Melissa Leapman. It is the same style as the embroidery and knitting kit. I wanted to learn crochet and I thought that this would be the best way. The instructions are simple and very easy to follow. It came with crochet hooks of different sizes and some really nice patterns. It even came with wool. I decided not to use that wool and instead use some of the wool that was originally intended for that bag. It was better quality and I thought it might feel better to practice with. I made two bookmarks. I know it seems as if that is all I make these days but it was the simplest pattern and so the best one to have a go at. My first one turned out a little too loose. The second one is a lot better but still not perfect. I think that with some practice that I could get better at it. I am going to try making up some squares as practice. I could always turn it into a blanket later if I make enough of them. I have plenty of odd balls of wool around to use.

My next task is to make some cards. I have a few events coming up that I need to make cards for. I also want to make my mums birthday card. It is a long way off yet but I got some lovely paper that I think would be perfect for her. Also, next week I am going to a one off class on card making that is being given. I have never been to one before and I thought that it might be fun.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?