Sunday, July 10, 2005

 

Best pen in the world

Well at least it is the best one I have come across in a long time. I love pens. I always have. When I was younger I used to collect pens. You know the kind you get in gift shops. The stranger they were the better. Later that changed to having as many pens in my favourite colour as I can. My favourite colour is blue but when it comes to writing I will chose black every time. Recently my pen collection has reduced to just one or two favourites which seem to go missing all the time. Until I could get into town to replace them I was stuck with using blue. I hate gel pens though. They never last long and they dry up too quickly if you leave them long enough. Some don't even work properly from the start. Yesterday I came across a bic gel pen. The shop didn't have any of the ones I usually buy so I decided to just go for it. Wow, do I love this pen. It feels like a normal cheap bic pen but it writes so smoothly. And after writing several pages yesterday it looks as though it might actually last. It also worked right from the start and doesn't stop half way through a sentence. It doesn't even cost much (usually I could spend a fortune on pens). I haven't seen this pen anywhere else so I think I am going to have to stock up on them.

Away from my boring story about pens I picked up my stitching again last night. I got about half of what I picked out done. I am going to have to take a break from it soon as I have a bookmark to stitch. I have no idea what design I am going to chose for the bookmark but I think I will try and make a start on that tonight. This week I challenge myself to learn how to upload photos from my camera so that I can post decent progress photos.

I finished reading "The Man In the High Castle" by Philip K. Dick yesterday. It's the first alternate history book I have read and I really enjoyed it. It is set in America which is controlled by Germany and Japan. America and the rest of the world are supposed to be split between the two after they won the war. One of the parts I liked about the book is that it describes a famous book which the Japanese allow but the Nazis banned. This book tells what happens if the allies had won WWII. I really enjoyed it and would highly recommend it. It's not just for sci fi fans as there is very little of sci fi in it. This was my first taste of Philip K. Dick and I look forward to reading more of his work.

Comments:
Hey, I'm just like you and I love pens. I like to collect nices ones. I recommend checking out www.jetpens.com
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?