Thursday, July 14, 2005

 

Harry Potter Madness


With the sixth book in the series being released this weekend it is hard not to get away from it. I put my hands up that I am one of those individuals who have had the book preordered since the beginning. I will also be one of those waiting eagerly at the door for it to arrive and will make a start on it straight away. Everything else will be ignored until I finish reading it. I will then probably blog about it once finished.

The truth is though that I didn't overly enjoy the last one. It was good but a little long winded and I have the feeling that this is going to to be the same. Last time I read the first four again so that I would have the storyline fresh in my head. I haven't done that this time. I just didn't feel much like reading the fifth one again. There are better children's books out there but it is easy to see why this series gets all the attention. I myself adored the first four. It also got kids into reading again and I think that it opened the market for more children's authors.

As I said I am probably going to write more about it when I get the book into my hands and finish it. I won't be one of these annoying people though who will give away all the important bits in the book.

Comments:
Glad to see that you are looking forward to the book too! I'm getting mine at Midnight tonight but, I probably won't start it till the morning.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?