Tuesday, July 05, 2005

 

Monday Mornings

You always hear that the worst day of the week is a Monday. When I was a kid I never really understood it. I didn't mind Mondays. I knew that it meant that I had a week of school until the weekend but I honestly didn't mind school. I also knew it meant the same for a lot of people who worked but when I was really young I thought that everybody liked their jobs (I learned that this isn't true very quickly). Even as I learned that school could be dull and that some jobs were more dull I didn't mind Mondays.

Yesterday though I had an extremely frustrating morning. The first thing I did was go onto the net and check the status of some books that I had ordered. There were still no signs of them appearing. I had ordered them over a month ago and I knew I could get them more easily here so I cancelled the order. That wasn't really frustrating. It was more annoying than anything else.

I decided to do some stitching on Wild Cherry Blossom. I was happily stitching away and had finished with the white. I made the mistake of being pleased with my self thinking that I would be able to get quite a bit done. As I moved onto the bottom half of the dress I realised that I had made a mistake right at the start and that the only way to fix it was to unpick the lot. I could have cried as I had done this with Death of Rats too. What makes it worse is that the whole time I'm unpicking it I know why it had happened. I blame Scrubs coming out on DVD. When I sat down to start this I also put on the DVD. I was probably concentrating more on that than I was the stitching. My normal reaction would be to put it aside for a few days but I'm not going to do that. It will take me a few days to catch up to where I was but I will.

After spending the morning unpicking stitches and then stitching a couple of rows I decided to blow the dust off my French books. Could I find them? I hunted all over the place for them and still I couldn't find them. I must have annoyed my sister too with all my searching as she was trying to sleep. I had some lunch before deciding to start again in my search. I did finally find them. I found them in the first place I looked and exactly where they were supposed to be.

Anyway, the rest of the day was okay so I am putting it down to just a bad morning and not the fact that it was a Monday.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?