Sunday, July 17, 2005

 

Some stitching and some reading

I have no picture updates of my stitching at the moment but I will try and get some during the week. I did make a little start on Celtic Winter. Fabric wise I just used the linen that came along with the materials pack (I paid a little extra to have linen instead of aida). I have no idea what it is called I'm afraid but it's a lovely blue-gray colour. It was strange stitching with linen again. I haven't used it since working on Celtic Christmas and it felt good to be working with it again. This one is softer than the one that came in the CC pack though. I'm having to be extra careful just because I'm not used to it. That and because of all the mistakes I seem to be making in my stitching lately. Last night I did a little work on popcorn. Unfortunately I ran out of one of the colours and so half his head is missing. I have another popcorn kit there somewhere which I could take some threads out of. Either that or I could try and match up the colour with my own threads. I continued stitching with the other colours anyway and so all I really have to do after I finish his head is a border and the backstitch.

Since I have a few projects on the go I have decided to start a rotation. A lot of stitchers seem to do this. I thought it would be a good way to finally get TW "The Castle" finished since I haven't looked at it in I don't know how many months. I'll start Tuesday since I want to get the bookmark finished this week. Sunday and Monday will be "The Castle", Tuesday and Wednesday will be the wild blossom fairy and Thursday Friday will belong to Celtic Winter. I have left Saturday open for whatever I am in the mood to stitch or for little projects. In "cross stitch card shop" magazine there were some designs of cats sitting on top of parcels. One of them stood as sweet even to me (not a cat fan I have to admit) and I thought it would be ideal for my sister. So that might be one of my little projects.

Well, I am onto Chapter seven of Harry Potter. I'm not going to give anything away but if you don't want to know one of the chapter titles then look away now. One of the questions that everyone was asking as soon as the title of the book was released was, who is the half blood prince? There was a lot of speculation on that and JK Rowling had to say on a number of occasions that it wasn't Harry. Personally I didn't have a clue and just assumed that it would be a new character. I never really gave it much more thought until last night. I got to the chapter called "Half Blood Prince". It was then that I realised that I was so caught up in the fact that the next HP book was out that the title itself didn't register. Not once while reading did I wonder who the half blood prince was even though it is obviously going to be a big part of the story. It's weird how that happens. Jenn gives a good review of her Harry Potter night experience.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?