Monday, July 25, 2005

 

Stationary



No stitching. Last night I was too tired to do much of anything so I just went straight to my bed. Today I could have done some stitching but after browsing on craftster I was inspired to do something else. The Craftster organiser has been setting craft challenges. In one of them some gorgeous stationary was made using playing cards. I had intended on doing something similar but completely forgot all about it. Then Kendaljay reminded me by making these lovely cards and saying she got her inspiration from the ones I had originally saw. The above is my attempt. After decorating the front using some papers and a Disney Happy Families card I wondered what I could use it for. I don't really use notelets. My letters tend to be long winded and even my short notes wouldn't fit on this. So I decided to add sheets of paper to the centre. This way I can use it by writing a fairly decent sized letter. The sheets inside are green and purple. I plan to make more with the other cards that I have. I also bought a pack of Harry Potter Top Trumps so that I could make a HP set too. Now all I need to do is think of a way to decorate the envelope. I can't use more of the cards since it will make it too heavy.

Comments:
Those cards are so cute :-)
 
Your card looks good ... that's a nice idea. I've got a huge box full of cardmaking stuff but lack the inspiration to do anything with it!
 
Wow well done Karen, would love to see more.

Hugs xxxxx
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?