Saturday, July 23, 2005

 

Whole Day to Myself

I managed to get a little bit more of CW done yesterday than I thought. I have to admit that if it wasn't for the fact that I have an image in my head of what the end result will be I would be bored of all the whites and greys. With CC it was easier because the colours were so vibrant. Today I get to do whatever I am in the mood for. I'm going to pick up my knitting again. I'm in the mood for some bright colours.

Today I have the house to myself. It feels a little strange but I am determined to enjoy it. I have the radio up quite loud and have spent the morning reading. After this I am going to go out and get in some lunch before I decide what to do next. Possibly watch some DVDs while knitting. Or maybe some writing. I also plan to go for a long hot bubble bath.

I'm reading two books at the moment. I finally picked up "The 13 1/2 Lifes of Captain Bluebear" by Walter Moers. I have had it on my shelf for over a year and after I said the other day I had reduced my TBR pile I thought it was about time I made a start on it. I'm only 50 pages into it and I am loving it. So far everyone I know who has read it has raved about it so I didn't really expect not to enjoy it. If you like the surreal then you might like this. i'll go into more detail once I have finished it. I am also reading "The Queens Arrows" by Mercedes Lackey. I haven't read much fantasy in a while and decided I wanted to get back to it. I wanted to try an author I hadn't tried before though. When I was a member of a sci fi group (the group closed down) a few members were avid fans of Lackey and I have wanted to give her books a try ever since. I remember them saying that a Lackey newbie should start with this one. So far so good. It's more of an easy read but I wasn't really expecting anything else. Great for escapism.

Time Warden, the scene in Voyage home is one of my favourite Scotty moments too. I also thought that his scenes in Final Frontier were some of the few good parts. I liked the first series of Chocky because it followed the books so closely but the second one is probably my favourite.

Comments:
Well done on CW, you will have almost finished it by the time we all start it lol. It is looking lovely. Looking forward to more updates.

Hugs xxxxxx
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?