Sunday, August 07, 2005

 

School Story Obsession


I was a big reader when I was little. I would read almost anything but as soon as I read my first Enid Blyton book I fell in love with school stories. This isn't really uncommon. The few readers amongst my friends also loved them. Since then I have come across few female readers who didn't read them. For me I think the attraction was the idea of boarding school. These schools were so unlike my own that it made it seem all the more interesting. There were even a few occasions that I begged my parents to send me to boarding school. I was convinced that it was all fun, games and midnight feasts. I eventually grew out of these books. Although occasionally I would go back to them just for fun.

I started reading them again. This is a new obsession that was started by a friend of mine. I haven't picked up those Enid Blyton books yet. I did start to collect a series about a school called Trebizon by Anne Digby. This was the other series I read when I was little but very few people seem to have heard of it. I have now worked my way through them all. Well, all but two which I can't get a hold of. Now I am reading purely for nostalgia. At least that's what I keep telling myself. It's amazing how easily I was sucked in to these stories again. I am also now considering trying out ones that I didn't read when I was little. There are more school stories out there than I thought. I have since heard of a lot of people who collect these books and I think that I am probably going to become one of them.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?