Monday, August 01, 2005

 

"Starship Trooper" Robert A. Heinlein


Set in the Earth's future Juan Rico tells of his experiences as an MI. He starts while getting ready for a drop on one of the 'bugs' planets and then goes back to why he signed up. The story then goes through all his experiences in boot camp before going back to his present day and continuing from there. It's a sci fi war story told from the point of view of one of the small people. He doesn't know the why's behind the decisions of the higher echelons. He just carries out his orders as he makes his way up the ladder.

This was not at all what I had expected. I have seen the film a few times and hated it. I expected the book not to be much different until a friend of mine told me otherwise. The only similarity between the book and the film is the main character, the war, one of the battles and the part about citizenship. That's it! I'm still not sure if I liked the book or not although compared to the film it wins hands down.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?